I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- Spring is almost here in Washington. That means warmer temperatures and the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, which is quite beautiful and draws folks from all over the country. As we all look forward to flowers blooming and hope for more rain at home, I’m pleased to once again report back to you about what I... More
- Hello and Happy New Year! I hope this note finds you happy and healthy. I wanted to share a few thoughts with you as I look forward to working for you in the coming year. State of the Union Along with many of you, I watched President Obama give his State of the Union speech... More
- Dear friends, With the holidays upon us and the end of 2014 fast approaching, I wanted to update you on what I’ve been up to and make sure we stay in touch heading into the new year and new Congress. Our Victory Because of your support and encouragement, I’ll be heading back to Washington for... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- This past week in Washington, March 23 – March 27, was a welcome change from the partisan bickering and ideology that has, up until this week, characterized the floor debates and bills passed in the House of Representatives. Throughout the Week I hosted numerous constituent meetings and conducted an interview with Huffington Post Live to... More
- 24/03/2015in BlogLast week I was in Washington and stayed busy with action in my committees and on the House floor. I attended multiple Energy and Commerce Committee hearings as well as a last-minute Veterans’ Affairs committee meeting. Also, three significant bills were brought up for votes on the House floor. DEFENDING SCIENCE & FIGHTING FOR OUR... More
- I’ve been hoping that the new Republican majority would act out most of its right-wing partisan fire over the first month or two, get it out of its system, and then get to work with the important business of this country. This past week’s actions do not bode well for that hope. The House had... More